Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Chosen to Die" murder mystery book

I am not sure how old I was, but years ago my parents gave me a gift one Christmas, a gift of a set of Nancy Drew mystery stories along with a set of the Hardy Boys books. There, I guess, is where my interest for murder mystery books began. I also love to watch movies and TV shows along those same story lines. Last week we were camping and I started a new book the first night when we went to bed. It was well written and caught my attention right off the bat. Before I realized it, it was 2:30 AM and I had to struggle to put it down.
This murder mystery book is titled Chosen To Die
written by Lisa Jackson. I have read some of her other books as well and although she sometimes has a bit of a potty mouth, I really enjoy her way of writing. Chosen to Die is about Detective Regan Pescoli who has been working the "Star Crossed Killer" case for months, never imagining that she'd be captured by the madman she's been hunting. Regan knows exactly what he is capable of and avoiding the same fate as the 4 or 5 victims before her, will take every drop of her courage and cunning. The story tells about her fellow detectives at the precinct and how hard they work to find her when she does disappear. Of course there is a smitten, good looking guy as well, who is not really satisfied that the police are doing everything they can and so he does his own investigating to save her. This book had lots of suspense and I was really shocked at the ending. I never once suspected the right person. I consider this book a really good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment